There are a number of plumbing tools and supplies that you can use to get rid of nasty clogs at home. We have always tried home remedies such as hot water, baking soda and vinegar. We also make use of plungers and plumbing snakes. Some of these take a while to produce positive results while some are fast and easy to use. But have you tried using a drain claw?
What is a drain claw?
A drain claw is a recently introduced tool that hooks hair strands out of drains without breaking a sweat. Yes, it was made available to the market a few years back unlike the plunger who has been with us long enough that it has turned into the plumbing industry’s most popular symbol. Anyway, the drain claw is a flexible wire that has an auger-like apparatus at the end that has about a hundred interlocking hooks. It is capable of fitting into the tightest of drains (even those with stoppers) which makes it an amazing declogger.
How do you use a drain claw?
1. Open the sink or tub’s drain. Get rid of the screen trap or the stopper for better access.
2. Insert the drain claw into the hole.
3. Turn it in a circular manner as if you’re trying to hook something out of the hole. Let it touch the walls of the drainpipes and push it as far as it can go. This way, the pipe will get thoroughly cleaned.
4. After some time, slowly pull the wire out of the drain. Dispose of the hair strands properly in the trash.
5. Since the pipe is cleared, it will also be wise to clean it. Get your baking soda and vinegar from your kitchen cupboard. Pour a cup of baking soda into the hole then pour a cup of vinegar too.
6. Let the two ingredients create a chemical reaction to freshen up your pipes. After the reaction, pour hot water into the pipes to rinse the ingredients off. Do these steps once a month and you’ll keep your drains in tip-top shape!
We hope that you now know how to clear and clean your pipes using a drain claw. If the method we shared above doesn’t work, simply hire the most reliable Oakland Park plumber in Broward County FL! Plumbers 911 Florida guarantees excellent plumbing services in Oakland Park FL including plumbing installation, water heater service, kitchen plumbing, faucet repair and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade), 954-468-0512 (Broward) or 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach)!
Learn more about our exceptional plumbing services delivered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Watch our video now!