Your washing machine is a vital part of your daily life. It makes washing your clothes a lot faster and easier, therefore helping you accomplish your weekly laundry hassle-free. However, just like other appliances, it is also prone to malfunction, damages or deterioration. And its drain pipe is not exempted at all. The washing machine’s pipe will eventually get worn out or it may incur holes and cracks. In such cases, it will require immediate replacement. If you need to install a new drain pipe for your washing machine or install an entirely new unit per se, read on and follow this DIY guide.
1. If you are going to replace your old washing machine, you’ll have cold and hot water feeds ready. Otherwise, you’ll have to set up water supply lines for the appliance. When setting up new lines, it is important to seek the help of professional plumbers to ensure that they’re installed properly.
2. Moving forward, you have to shut the main water supply off to avoid flooding your home.
3. Position the new washing machine and remove its packaging as well as the bracket that came with it. Ask another person to help you get through this task because it’s going to be pretty heavy.
4. Read the user’s manual of your new washing machine. Make sure that you’ll read through it because newer models have special instructions that you need to follow. The old washing machine should also be disposed of properly. You can call recycling or garbage disposal companies so they can pick it up and get rid of it.
5. Check the water supply lines. Use the new hoses that came with the new appliance. If you’re simply replacing the drain pipe, skip this part and move on to the next step. Otherwise, connect the blue PVC pipe to the cold water feed. Connect the red PVC pipe to the hot water feed. Make sure that the connections are tight and secured.
6. When you’re done connecting the supply pipes, proceed with the installation of the new drain pipe. A stand pipe is the best way to accomplish this. Remember that you should not overly tighten the hose. It must connect loosely to avoid backups. Also remember that the opening should be above the ground for at least two feet.
We hope that our blog today showed you the proper washing machine drain pipe installation. Should you need help with your washing machine, just call your trusted and reliable Washington DC plumber. Plumbers 911 Washington DC delivers exceptional yet affordable Washington DC plumbing services including plumbing appliances installation, plumbing fixture installation, leak detection, water heater repair and many more! Call us at (877) 932-5325 to schedule a service!
Learn how to diagnose washing machine drain and pump problems. Watch this video now!