A grease trap or grease arrestor is a device that prevents fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from reaching the city’s sanitary sewer system. Like in other states, cities and municipalities in Texas require restaurants and other food service shops to install a grease trap in their kitchens or sewers. Are you a Nederland restaurant owner who needs to have a grease trap installed? Read this article first to know about the basics of grease trap installation in Nederland.
Frequently Asked Questions about Grease Traps
- What is a grease trap? Simply put, a grease trap is a device that filters grease and oil from wastewater. It is highly effective and can remove up to 90% of grease, oils, and fats, in the water.
- What does FOG mean? FOG stands for Fats, Oils, and Grease. This is the official term used in government regulation documents.
- Are grease traps also used for showers or bathrooms? Grease traps are only installed in kitchens and specified areas in restaurants. Grease traps are need in kitchens that deal with a large volume of food wastes every day.
- What is a grease trap made of? Grease traps can either be made by plastic or metal. Whatever the material it is made of, what’s important is that it is cleaned regularly. Some grease traps can be cleaned manually. However, larger versions need to be pumped by a professional Nederland plumber.
- How much grease can they trap? Grease traps come in different sizes. Smaller units can handle 4 to 8 gallons of waste water per minute. Choose a larger unit that can handle 25 to 50 gallons per minute for larger kitchens.
- How much does a grease trap installation in Nederland cost? Grease trap prices ranges from $150 to $1,000. Larger units cost greater, of course.
Call Plumbers 911 for Grease Trap Installation in Nederland
Plumbers 911 offers grease trap installation in Nederland. The company refers only licensed Nederland plumbers who are highly capable of installing grease traps. Avoid hiring non-professionals that might wreak havoc on your kitchen drain system. Call Plumbers 911 Texas today at (409) 237-3137 to schedule an appointment!