Are you thinking of installing a new shower in your bathroom? A shower enclosure is a great addition to your bathroom. Yes, you can be fine with just a bathtub installed but there will be days that you will need a shower. Showers enable you to clean from top to toe. With the many sophisticated showerheads nowadays, you can also get to relax while getting yourself tidy. But before you call a Brockton shower installation service, first read about the basics.
Different Types of Shower Units
- Push-on Mixer – Push-on mixer shower units are affordable and easy to install. The hose and spray can be connected directly to the bathroom faucet. However, adjusting the temperature can be inconvenient because it is adjusted through the tap.
- Manual Mixer – Extra plumbing is needed for this unit, thus it is also more expensive to install. The hose and spray of a manual mixer shower need to be underneath the wall. Hot and cold water suppliers are also connected to a single valve and are adjusted through either one or a number of knobs.
- Thermostatic Mixer – Like the manual mixer, the hose and spray are also installed underneath the wall. The hot and cold water supplies are also connected to a single valve. The difference though is that it has a built-in stabilizer so water temperature is self-adjusted. Obviously, this type of shower unit is more expensive than the others.
- Power Shower – A powerful electric pump inside the power shower controls both water pressure and temperature. This unit is pretty complicated. It can be fitted with a bathroom that gets supply from both cold water cistern and hot water cylinder so it’s easy to adjust the temperature. On the other hand, it cannot be used for water that needs to be heated directly by the shower.
- Electric Shower – As the name suggest, water is heated electrically. There is a knob on the unit that is used to adjust the temperature of the water. It is important to note that if you’re living in a place with colder winters, you should choose an electric shower unit with winter/summer setting.
Call Plumbers 911 for Brockton Shower Installation Service
Plumbers 911 is a nationwide referral plumbing service that operates in different cities in America including Brockton, Massachusetts. The company can refer you to a licensed Brockton plumber that will perform shower installation in your home. Plumbers 911 only refers local plumbers in your area so you can be sure that a friendly plumber will be at your doorstep in as little as an hour. Call (855) 550-9911 today to ask for a free quote and to schedule an appointment.