Every homeowner surely feels excited when decorating the house or renovating parts of it. In the case of bathroom makeovers, one of the most thrilling parts of the project involves choosing the tiles. These artistic square pieces add beauty to the room. They come in a wide variety of patterns, colors and designs which makes them great aesthetic materials for the bathroom. The only question is, how do you actually choose the right design for your toilet and bath? Read on and let us share these tips with you.
1. If you have a relatively small bathroom, you might want to make it look bigger by using light-colored tiles. Just as you are choosing clothes, dark shades make you look thin as darker tiles make the room look smaller. In contrast, white or light-colored clothes make you appear fatter as light-colored tiles make the room appear bigger.
2. While ceramic tiles are a crowd favorite, there are also other types you can choose from. Natural stone tiles such as slate, marble and travertine will result to a stylish bathroom. There are also ceramic and porcelain tiles in the market that mimic the appearance of natural stones.
3. Similarly designed floor tiles and wall tiles will make the room look more spacious. Using grout that is of the same color as the tiles will produce the same effect.
4. If the room is fairly small and there’s little space between fixtures (bathtub, toilet, washbasin) and the window or door, use small tiles. They are easier to layout and install than bigger tiles that require cutting when being laid out on every edge or round corner. Speaking of corners, if there are curvy surfaces in the room that you want to design with tiles, also use smaller squares.
5. Glass tiles are stylish but they are more difficult to install. Large glass tiles may in fact look unpleasant after a several uses because there’s a possibility that moisture will build up and get trapped behind them. The safer choice is again, use smaller glass tiles.
6. If you have hard water at home, be careful when choosing ledgestone as the material of your tile. They tend to get stained by minerals and sediments found in the water, making them look dirty and ugly in the long run.
7. What’s great about larger tiles is that they make cleaning easier. Installing large slabs will provide less grout lines, less seams and fewer places for dirt, mold and mildew to cling on. With that being said, you’ll also be spending less energy and less time in cleaning them.
We hope that you learned some valuable tips when choosing tiles design for bathroom. Should you need professional plumbing help, just call the most reputed Miramar FL plumbing company. Plumbers 911 Florida delivers exceptional plumbing services in Miramar FL including bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, plumbing fixture installation, plumbing appliance installation and many more! Call us now at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL)!
Find out why Plumbers 911 Florida is the best solution for your needs! Watch our video now.