Your washing machine drain is pretty easy to install. Just remember that you have to follow the plumbing codes in your area and that you are capable of doing installations like this. Otherwise, consult a plumbing professional to ensure that you won’t get into any kind of accident while working on the project. Now if you’re interested to find out the right way to plumb a washing machine drain, here’s a step-by-step guide you can follow.
1. Look for a drainpipe where you can connect your washing machine’s drain hose. If you can’t find a main drain in the basement or the room where you’ll install your washing machine, you may also resort to using a bathtub, shower, toilet or sink drain. You’ll just be required to do some work to make those substitute drains suitable for your washing machine.
2. When you’ve already located a pipe for your washer, cut its end with the use of a hacksaw. Afterwards, install a fitting (also called a wye fitting) or a sanitary tee on it. Make sure that you’ll install the fitting based on the pipe’s orientation.
3. When you’re done, glue a fitting to the pipe with the use of plastic pipe cement. Guarantee that there’s going to be an outlet that will face the washing machine. It has to be at least two inches long.
4. Attach an ABS pipe measuring two inches long to the wall (where the washing machine will be installed). There should also be an outlet from a two-inch sanitary tee that’ll face upward. This one’s going to be connected to the vent pipe.
5. Set the pipe two inches from the adjacent wall and about 36 inches from the ground. Stick another ABS trap to the connection using the plastic pipe cement. Afterwards, glue another 10 inches of pipe to the said P-trap.
6. Connect the washing machine’s drain tube to the vertically mounted pipe or also referred to as the stand pipe. Make sure that you’ll use the right fitting to connect the washer’s hose to the drain pipe.
7. Set up your washing machine. Make sure that the water supply lines are connected to the right tap. But if you have a relatively new washer, it will probably need the cold supply line only. Get the rest of the instructions on washing machine installation here.
We hope that our blog today has showed the proper way of plumbing washing machine drain. Should you need an expert to set your washing machine up for you, just call a reliable plumber in Annapolis. Plumbers 911 Washington DC delivers exceptional plumbing services in Annapolis MD including plumbing appliances installation, water heater repair, backflow prevention, plumbing fixture repair, leak detection and many more! Call us now at (877) 932-5325 to schedule a service!
Find out how a washing machine works. Watch this video now!