Our Expert New Jersey Plumbers Can Solve Your Clogged Drain Issues Immediately!
You probably don’t realize how much you rely on the drain in your sink, bathtub,
or shower until it becomes clogged. Everything you normally do on a day-to-day basis suddenly becomes impossible: your morning shower, cooking dinner, doing your dishes. A backed-up drain can be more than just a headache—it can cause damage to the walls and floors of your bathroom or kitchen if it becomes a severe problem.
If you notice minor backups or slow drainage in your drains, it can be a signal of bigger problems to come. Have an expert professional address the problem sooner than later, so you can avoid it becoming a bigger issue—and more importantly, you can avoid paying to fix a more expensive problem!
If you have an issue with your drain, this is definitely worth addressing immediately. Plumbers 911 New Jersey can help you unclog your drain quickly and get back to your daily life!
Understanding Your Plumbing System
While the plumbing and drainage system
in your home is fairly straightforward, it’s important to understand how your plumbing ages over time and to know the signs that it might be time for maintenance or repair.
Over the years, it’s natural that buildup will happen in your pipes. In the bathroom, this might be hair and soap scum
while in the kitchen it’s likely an accumulation of fats and oils. While this is unpleasant, it’s completely normal and even unavoidable.
Maintenance cleaning will prevent you from having sudden backups or serious clogging of your drainage system, so it may be worth considering maintenance cleaning even if there is nothing urgently wrong with your plumbing. Taking good care of your pipes will help elongate their life, which means that you can enjoy the savings of not having to replace plumbing lines
in your home before it’s absolutely necessary.
Common Drainage Problems
The following are some very common problems that may cause trouble with your drain working properly. If any of the following are the case for your drainage system, contact us immediately. We are able to fix any of the following problems and many others that may occur.
• You’ve used a liquid drain cleaner
but continue to have drainage problems that persist. This is the perfect time to bring in a professional to do the drain cleaning right.
• Your garbage disposal
is not functioning properly, or you think it may have reached the end of its life and need to be replaced.
• Odors are coming from your drain in your kitchen or bathroom. This likely indicates buildup that should be cleaned for your pipes to function properly and enjoy greater longevity.
• Your sink is draining, but it’s taking a long time or occasionally backing up.
Recognizing Garbage Disposal Issues
If your kitchen sink is clogged, it’s possible that the problem lies with your garbage disposal. The following are common problems that Plumbers 911 is ready to help you with:
• Jammed garbage disposal: It’s possible that something has fallen down the drain and is blocking your disposal. You may be able to dislodge it yourself, but always use a tool such as tongs. DO NOT USE YOUR HAND.
• Leaking garbage disposal: This may be a problem with the pipes running to or from your disposal, which may need to be tightened or replaced. This might also indicate that the disposal itself needs replacing.
• Garbage disposal is clogged: In these cases where the disposal is clogged and the sink is not draining properly, the real issue is often further down in your plumbing. This is something a Plumbers 911 New Jersey technician can help resolve.
• Disposal is not grinding well: Make sure that enough water is flowing from the tap into the disposal. If this is not the problem, then the blades of your disposal may have become worn down and will need to be replaced.
Always Use a Professional, Not a Bottle
It may be tempting to save time and money by simply going to the hardware store and buying a bottle of drain cleaner, but this can end up being an expensive decision in the long run. Drains are something that’s best left to the professionals! Plumbers 911 New Jersey is committed to providing top-quality service at a competitive price, so you don’t need to worry about overspending for professional plumbing services, and can leave those bottles of drain cleaner at the store.
Drain cleaner is not as thorough as a professional cleaning by a plumber, which means that you’ll likely need to use that cleaner over and over again to keep your drains unclogged and working properly. The problem here is that, over time, drain cleaners weaken and damage your pipes. Drain cleaners clear away the grime and buildup in your pipes through caustic chemical reactions, and can’t target buildup without damaging the pipes themselves. PVC pipes
are especially prone to problems, but drain cleaners can also cause issues if you have older metal plumbing, and will hasten these older pipes to the end of their lifespan.
Even though drain cleaners might seem like a quick, inexpensive fix, they aren’t a permanent solution and can cause damage that will lead to your pipes needing to be replaced sooner than they should be.
The strong chemicals in drain cleaners can also be dangerous to your health – so put that bottle down and let a professional do the work for you!
Why Choose Plumbers 911 New Jersey?
Plumbers 911 New Jersey is an entire network of the top plumbing experts
in the state. We can handle any project, big or small, and are committed to providing the top-quality plumbing services possible. With Plumbers 911 New Jersey as your plumber of choice, you can rest assured that your drain problems will be fixed quickly, efficiently, and for a moderate cost. Our experts are hand-selected and background-checked, and we guarantee they’re the best in the business.