Nothing feels better than taking a long relaxing warm bath after a long tiring day at work. You can spend all the time you want just to relax and unwind with a glass of wine and a soothing music on the background perhaps. But what if instead of a calming bath, what you get is an excruciatingly cold water bath because – how could you forget, you don’t have a water heater installed in your home yet.
That can be a rather unfortunate time to realize how much you need a water heater in your life, although it’s not too late.
Importance of Residential Water Heaters
Home water heaters serve an important function of delivering hot water right when you need it. As opposed to heating water manually on the stove, having a water heater in your home can provide convenience. Imagine having to wait for several minutes before every bath or shower and running out of hot water in the middle of your shower. With a heater installed in your home, you can save time and use hot water on demand. Your life just got a little bit easier!
Types of Home Water Heaters
- Conventional Storage Water Heaters. This is the most commonly used type of residential water heater system. It is a single tank-type model with limited capacity.
- Demand-type Water Heaters. Also known as tankless water heaters, these are a relatively new design that utilizes a small heating element that heats water only when it is needed, thus avoiding standby heat loss.
- Tankless Coil Water Heaters. This type works great in places with cold climates. It uses the space heating system in your home to provide hot water on demand, making it the practical choice during the cold months.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters. Another energy-efficient type of heater, this model uses electricity to run a heat pump that extracts heat from the room air and transfer that energy to the water in a storage tank. This type is the best option for places with warmer climates where the air conditioner runs regularly.
- Solar Water Heaters. If you are looking for the most cost-effective way to generate hot water in your home, this is the best option for you. Here in Boston, where there is sunlight even on a cloudy day, solar water heaters can be a good choice.
Installing the water heater of your choice can be a tough and complicated work, so it’s best to let a professional plumber in Boston take care of it.
Whether you need repairs or water heater installation in Boston, you can rely on Plumbers 911 to get the job right, every time. Our expertise is not limited to just water heater installation and repair. We also offer home remodeling services, drain cleaning, sewer inspection and other emergency plumbing repairs.
Whenever you need a new water heater, give us our local Boston plumbers a call. Your safety and satisfaction are always our top priority.