Call Our Local Tennessee Plumbers for Immediate Gas System Maintenance, Repair and Installation
24/7 Expert Service for Your Facility’s Medical Gas Systems
There are some things around the house that you should never mess around with, and your whole gas system is one of them. Sure, we understand that times are hard and people sometimes have to go the DIY route rather than call in specialists to save some money. But you must draw the line when your family’s safety is at stake.
Gas Classifications and Risks
Before we even go further, what do we mean when we talk about the overall gas system? We are referring to natural gas, liquefied petroleum, or even medical, which is typically applicable to hospitals, hospices, and healthcare establishments. Plumbers 911 specializes in fitting, installation and repair of nitrogen, carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, oxygen, and other compressed gases.
LPG, meanwhile, can be classified as either propane or butane. It’s an odorless gas that is highly flammable. That’s the reason an additive is added into it, so owners are warned beforehand in case of a leak. Not many people know about it, but LPG also carries another health risk as it’s considered as a carcinogen.
When exposed to natural gas and LPG, people in poorly ventilated environments will immediately feel dizziness, irritation on the nose, eyes and throat, headache, vomiting, nausea and loss of consciousness. Kids are especially vulnerable in case of gas leaks because they have no idea of the kind of danger they are in.
The Danger of DIY method
Due to the risks involved, it’s understandable that regulation is very strict when it comes to vapor systems in residential houses, commercial establishments, and industries. New homeowners and contractors have to secure a permit that will outline how they will install their boilers, LPGs, barbecue grills, heaters and gas-fed fireplaces.
Without proper training, a minor oversight in installing or repairing plumbing can lead to a host of problems that you might regret later.
When Your Vapor Systems are Having Problems, Call Our TN Plumbing Specialists Now
We have engineers who make sure to eliminate the risks to your home or business. They received the necessary certification from the State of Tennessee. It should be impressed that a certification is not given lightly. It requires hours of training and practical experience.
Our technicians will assess your needs, depending on the layout of your home or business. We are also extremely flexible with the full understanding that sometimes the aesthetic design of the building could never be compromised.
Our Licensed and Insured Tennessee Plumbers Will Give You Peace of Mind
How do you put a price on the knowledge that your family is safe? In the case of businesses, for instance, a flawed delivery system can cause a leak that might endanger your customers. The damage that the bad PR can cause your reputation can be costly. Not just on the money that you need to shell out to fix your vapor problems but also the number of potential customers who may go to the competition instead.
With Plumbers 911, we guarantee no return jobs, so your business operates without a hitch after our visit. We can also do some repairs without too much intrusion. We know all the tricks of the trade, so your profits won’t suffer too much.
Winter is especially a critical time in your vapor system. The plumbing can be damaged by the harsh cold. Your hose can get brittle, and your LPG canister may also contract and expand in extreme weather conditions. It’s crucial that you get your ventilation systems and regulator vents checked by our technicians to make sure that they are free of ice or snow. Never touch exposed wires and plumbing yourself.
In modern healthcare complexes these gases are piped into various sections of the hospital. A central source alarm system regulates the flow of the gases into the general ward, operating theater, ICU, recovery, and other rooms. A system of control valves is installed in the different areas of the hospital to ensure immediate shut off of gas supply in cases where it has been contaminated or when a fire breaks out.
Other clinical and medical procedures use gas mixtures. In lung function testing and blood gas analysis, gas mixtures are used for diagnostic applications. Medical devices that deliver anesthetic gases are calibrated using test gases. In diagnostic laboratories, culture growth is developed through aerobic or anaerobic incubator environment to encourage biological cell culture or tissue growth. Aerobic conditions are created using mixtures rich in oxygen while mixtures rich in hydrogen or carbon dioxide are used in creating anaerobic conditions.
If you need any of these medical gases, just call our hotline and we’ll provide you with what you need in no time!
Household Tips from Our Pros
Gas poisoning occurs because butane and propane are heavier than air. That means oxygen is being pushed out and you end up breathing poisonous carbon monoxide in. When you have a bottle in your home, location is very important.
• Check the bottle for any government quality mark. This guarantees that the canister underwent quality control from certified screeners.
• Ensure ample ventilation if the propane bottle is placed in an enclosed environment.
• Keep your LPG tanks away from direct sunlight and the rubber or tin hose in safe distance from your burner or stove.
• Always make sure your propane bottle is in an upright position. Don’t roll, lean or tilt the canister especially when there’s still flammable liquid inside.
• Check the manufacturing date of the connection hose. Ideally, you should replace it before three years.
• A little bit of soap and water can go a long way to check for a leak. Run the sponge across the hose and the regulator and look for bubbles. If you are unsure how to do this, we can do that for you.
• Close your LPG bottle when you are sleeping or leaving the house unattended.
More importantly, it’s very important that you call in experts to check the plumbing in your home or building regularly. This is to ensure there is no leak or any damage to your piping systems.
Call Our Expert Tennessee Contractors in Case of Leaks
What you might not know is that in the case of leaks in your vapor systems, the harmful air can remain in your home for about two months. It’s also one of the more common causes of deaths in the developing world.
• Turn off the LPG regulator immediately.
• If there’s no danger of fire, take out the bottle or cylinder and open all windows and doors to let the poisonous air out.
• For the time being, don’t light a match or smoke until you get expert opinion telling you otherwise.
• In the case of fire risk, don’t’ attempt to be a hero. Just get your family out and call the fire department.
• The explosion because of an LPG leak is very dangerous. In fact, we would recommend that you stay away because the shock waves can travel quite a good distance from ground zero.
Contact Plumbers 911 Tennessee now for all your gas system repair and installation needs.