Get Immediate Drain Cleaning Service from Your Local Bridgewater Plumber
Plumbers 911 Are The Unclogging Professionals
Even with proper maintenance and care your drains may become clogged. Besides the odor, there is a horrible mess to deal with. Most clogged drains will eventually drain out, but there are those completely clogged drains that need our expertise drain cleaning services.You have probably seen this event coming where your drain is completely clogged and you have tried the store bought chemicals to no avail. Some homeowners have resorted to using the snake and still no results. This is where your local plumbing tech steps in to relieve you of this messy situation. Depending where your clog is located in your house will give us an idea of what may be causing the issue. Most kitchen drains are due to food, but mostly due to grease being put down the drain. The bathrooms and particularly if the toilet is not draining properly may be due to toys or other things that children have flushed down. Additionally, the flushing of wipes and other non-toilet paper products are a major cause of your toilet clogging up. Most homeowners find that their clogs can be rectified with a simple service call. Very rarely will your clogged drain turn into a major project and expense.
Signs That Your Drain is CloggedThe obvious sign is the water backing up out of the sink or it drains slowly. There are also other signs that homeowners may not take notice and be aware that there is an issue. If your toilet seems to bubble when you run your sink there may be drainage issues. Or if your toilet seems to want to overflow when flushing. Be sure not to let your toilet overflow by turning off the water inlet under the tank and/or quickly using the plunger to clear some of the drain to prevent a nasty overflow. Gurgling sounds from your tub or sink after running your dishwasher or washing machine. If you notice a bad odor coming from your kitchen sink or disposal is a sign of a possible clog.
Drain Cleaning Don’ts
- Do Not Use drain cleaning liquids or gels in your drains, but especially on completely clogged drains. These are chemicals and they will just sit on top of the clog and can cause injury.
- Do Not combine vinegar and hot water into the drain. This may temporarily clear the clog partially, but also when combining with other chemicals put down the drain in the past could harm your pipes in the future.
- Do Not try snaking the drain yourself. Without the proper experience a person could harm themselves or destroy the plumbing completely.
Simple Drain Cleaning Steps
- For slow drains you should be sure to use non-toxic drain cleaners. The standard drain cleaners consist of harsh chemicals that can burn or injure someone. This liquid is very bad for the environment and the water supply that it drains into.
- Keep a plunger handy for slow working drains. Most households will have two on hand just to keep one for toilets only and the other for all other drains.
- Run hot soapy water down the drain periodically to help clear out any grease residue and never put grease down your drain.