New year, new goals! Then again, we seldom get calls from homeowners wanting to upgrade their plumbing system just because it’s a new year. For instance, residents would call for 24/7 Jacksonville plumbers only when a plumbing fixture needs repairing right away.
We strongly recommend preventive plumbing maintenance to avoid plumbing mishaps. But we also thought that the cost might keep you from having this done. Thus, we listed down in this article the typical average cost of plumbing projects. Hopefully, this will help you decide whether you can save more on maintenance checks or on actual repairs.
Average National Cost of Plumbing Projects
This list is based on Home Advisor’s True Cost Guide for plumbing projects. Their lists have helped countless of homeowners and contractors in terms of estimating budgets.
- Bathtub installation – $2,999
- Clogged drain repairs – $207
- Faucet installation – $240
- Gas pipe installation or repair – $495
- Hiring a family plumber – $303
- Plumbing pipe installation (new) – $1,406
- Septic tank cleaning – $379
- Septic tank installation – $5,318
- Septic tank repair – $1,485
- Sewer line cleaning – $293
- Sewer main installation – $2,885
- Sewer main repair – $2,425
- Shower installation – $3,258
- Sink installation – $385
- Solar water heater installation – $3,614
- Sump pump installation and replacement – $1,138
- Sump pump repair – $482
- Tankless water heater installation – $1,764
- Toilet installation – $370
- Toilet repair – $207
- Water heater installation – $955
- Water heater repair – $525
- Water main installation – $1,467
- Water main repair – $792
- Water treatment and purification system installation – $1,665
- Water treatment and purification system repair – $440
- Drain line repair – $577
Why Annual Plumbing Maintenance Is a Must
January is the best time to have a plumbing maintenance check. Having your plumbing system checked annually will save you from future plumbing headaches. A 24-hour licensed Jacksonville plumber isn’t only needed when you have plumbing problems. During a plumbing maintenance check, your plumbing contractor can inspect every nook and cranny and give you an idea of the exact state of your plumbing system. He can also give his recommendations on fixtures that need replacing or repairing.
Alternatively, you can also perform plumbing maintenance checks on your own. Here are some of the things that you should go over when you do your check-up:
- Gutters should be clean and free from leaves and other debris.
- P-traps of sinks should be cleaned to prevent future clogs.
- Check the faucets and showerhead for leaks and rust.
- Inspect the connections of your dishwasher and washing machine.
- Look out for corroded pipes. These should be replaced ASAP.
- Make sure that your water heater is working well. Temperature should be 120 degrees Farenheit. Flush you water heater tank, as well. This will remove sediments that have collected at the bottom of the tank.
- Check your toilet flush. See if the water leaks from the water closet.
- Observe if there are molds or musty smells. This is a clear sign of leaking in the area.
Call our hotline at (904)360-8444 and we’ll connect you with a 24/7 licensed Jacksonville plumber right away. We can guarantee that the local Jacksonville plumbers in our database are all trained and certified to service in the Jacksonville area. Set your appointment today whether for a plumbing maintenance check or a plumbing repair task.
But before you go, don’t forget to visit our coupon page HERE to get $250 off for a Complete Residential Repipe.